Called Oconee Well Drillers about pump test for well in front pasture.
Called Wilson & Sons Grading to quote on repairing eastern culvert, will bring clay and rip rap.
East pasture, dealt with lespedezia that was not under the solarization plastic.
Invasive species on property:
· Front pasture: 10 acres, lespedezia, johnson grass, privet, china berry, honeysuckle, kudzu is gone.
· East propagation pasture: Honeysuckle, Lespedezia.
· Creek drainage: Microstegium, honeysuckle, Lespedezia in sunny areas.
· North area of ring road: Kudzu, Lespedezia.
· West pasture: Johnson grass, Lespedezia.
· South end of ring road: Lespedezia.
· Lespedezia under clear solarizing plastic is not dying off very much.
Interestingly, the lespedezia that was treated first with black plastic for several weeks and subsequently with clear plastic had better die off.
Found two more Asclepias divaricata on property near western culvert.
I never thought I would need one, Mike never in a million years thought he would ever drive one himself…
Mike, Doug and I go out to Lexington to meet the tractor, and install padlocks. It turns out that tractors are extremely prone to theft. The dealer had a page of tractor VIN’s; one 8.5×11 page, three columns of VINs, page was full. Tractor delivered, shed bolted. Bush hogging front area to keep up appearances commences immediately.
Kudzu near Kenneth removed.
Cascade Forestry scheduled for 08.16.10. to address Lespedezia.